Another Used Car Question (maybe DD2's Dept)

Topic locked
Another used car question (maybe DD2's dept) Oct 10, 2010
So I have been the go-between for an out-of-country family member selling their off-road Jeep. There is a guy that wants it, full pop sale, so that is good. Question is, can I close the deal for him with the RTA if he is out of town?

No fines
Paid off (clearance letter from the bank in hand)
I have all paperwork and his PP and visa copy
I have an NOC from him to act as his agent

Any problems you think?

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Another used car question (maybe DD2's dept) Oct 10, 2010
Yes.

He has to sign the official RTA 'Bill of Sale'. You may have to send it to him.

Also don't forget to cancel his Salik tag. To do that, you must remove it from the windscreen and present it together with the correct form at the Salik desk at Tasjeel, Barsha.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:Yes.

He has to sign the official RTA 'Bill of Sale'. You may have to send it to him.

Also don't forget to cancel his Salik tag. To do that, you must remove it from the windscreen and present it together with the correct form at the Salik desk at Tasjeel, Barsha.

Knight

Salik will go in the bin (this is family charity work)...but thanks for the reminder! Can I not sign on his behalf? When I sold my Prado I did not even go to the RTA, the dude did it all. I did sign the paperwork that the dealer provided, though.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

There are agencies that will handle it for you, but still need all the official paperwork.

Don't just throw the Salik away, the new owner cannot register the car for Salik in his name until it is officially cancelled. He will happily drive through the gates and your unhappy relative will be fined 50Dhs for the privilege in absentia and also 200Dhs for any time there is not a tag in the windscreen. Any new tag he fits, will still be in your rellies name! Trust me, just peel it out and hand it back in with the form! Halas!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:There are agencies that will handle it for you, but still need all the official paperwork.

Don't just throw the Salik away, the new owner cannot register the car for Salik in his name until it is officially cancelled. He will happily drive through the gates and your unhappy relative will be fined 50Dhs for the privilege in absentia and also 200Dhs for any time there is not a tag in the windscreen. Any new tag he fits, will still be in your rellies name! Trust me, just peel it out and hand it back in with the form! Halas!

Knight

I've binned all my old Saliks, going back to the BMW I flogged 2 years ago. No probs thus far.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Another Used Car Question (maybe DD2's Dept) Oct 11, 2010
No can do, ironically just sold a friends Jeep last week. New law buyer and seller have to be physically present

The Bill of sale or Mubaya as it is know is the only other way as DK said it and there are a few authorised car dealers located in the aweer used car complex that do this. They charge a 100 dhs for this, but has to be signed by the seller in their presence or they know you well enough.

The white transfer form you pick up from Tasjeel or RTA is not the one, Thats the one where both parties have to be there.

Dunno about the salik though. Until now I've just binned mine and never had any issues. But did see a new salik section in the transfer form, wasn't there before.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:No can do, ironically just sold a friends Jeep last week. New law buyer and seller have to be physically present

The Bill of sale or Mubaya as it is know is the only other way as DK said it and there are a few authorised car dealers located in the aweer used car complex that do this. They charge a 100 dhs for this, but has to be signed by the seller in their presence or they know you well enough.

The white transfer form you pick up from Tasjeel or RTA is not the one, Thats the one where both parties have to be there.

Dunno about the salik though. Until now I've just binned mine and never had any issues. But did see a new salik section in the transfer form, wasn't there before.

Thanks dude (for the bad news) :D
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Another used car question (maybe DD2's dept) Oct 11, 2010
Sorry mate for the bad news, I reread your original post and can think of this
dubaidog wrote:I have an NOC from him to act as his agent

Get this notarized if you can, even if not go to Tasjeel with all the correct paperwork and talk to the Mudeer/boss/chief on duty and show him and tell him your case, he might help you out. I remember this nice fat fellow, Adnan I think his name was and he helped out a lot recently, very helpfull chap.

Give it a shot sometimes miracles do happen. Then if you have to comeback to Tasjeel make sure that dude in on duty at that time as the guy in the other shift might totally turn out to be a crock

BTW now you got me intrested about thie "off road Jeep" any pics or details ? I know its sold but just curious :D
desertdudeshj

Well, it ain't sold till the cash is in hand. Some pics
Attachments
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Doesn't look like there was much offroad on the offroad jeep :D Anyways JK's not my thing, a TJ maybe even a YJ but not a JK. Thanks anyway mate.

Year, spec, milage, asking. I'll see if anyone from our offroading community is looking for one. Just a rough estimate gauge though friend sold a 07 with 70k on the clock for 42K last month.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Doesn't look like there was much offroad on the offroad jeep :D Anyways JK's not my thing, a TJ maybe even a YJ but not a JK. Thanks anyway mate.

Year, spec, milage, asking. I'll see if anyone from our offroading community is looking for one. Just a rough estimate gauge though friend sold a 07 with 70k on the clock for 42K last month.

Yeah, this sucker is more for show. Been off road once. It is an 07 with 39k on it. The dude today was was slam-dunk buying it. Took it for asking price at 83K. FSH as well as 2 more years Jeep warranty. To be fair, he put about 25k in mods installed by the dealer. You need to be a guy with real daddy issues to drive this sucker. It is also pimped and chipped under the hood.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

83k ! Sell it NOW !! Tell your friend if he even has to come back from the dead to transfer it. DO IT.
desertdudeshj

Re: Another Used Car Question (maybe DD2's Dept) Oct 03, 2013
you can buy a second hand car in Bangalore but be double sure about the car worth and its value...Affordability is the main reasons to buy a used car.at least 10 percent down payment is required for a new car..
rightcar
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat