My 1st Road Test Today

Topic locked
My 1st Road Test Today Sep 04, 2005
im doing my 1st road exam today !!!!!!!

im 60 minutes away from the most controversial Test in dubai .. where Thousands of people fail everyday (whole UAE) and only less than fifty are lucky enough to succeed..... im ready to face failure anyway ... hahaha but still hoping :lol: :lol: :lol: wish me luck guys !!!

mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

... Sep 04, 2005
Hey Major all the best... ust one point to make. Most of us fail because we are made to beleive that we will fail. And hence most of us do!!

I got my licence in my first attempt (I hope it was not a fluke) in about 24 days. I was plain lucky or may be i did not let myself by psyched out!.

All the best.. just stay cool.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 04, 2005
I think that as long as the person undergoing the test makes sure he/she is driving safely, and in the process complying with basic rules of driving then they should pass.

But there IS something about the road tests here...

Update us, how did you do in your test Major Pain? Hope you passed :D
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: My 1st Road Test Today Sep 04, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:im doing my 1st road exam today !!!!!!!

im 60 minutes away from the most controversial Test in dubai .. where Thousands of people fail everyday (whole UAE) and only less than fifty are lucky enough to succeed..... im ready to face failure anyway ... hahaha but still hoping :lol: :lol: :lol: wish me luck guys !!!

I hope that everything went well for you and that you passed you test.

Hoping your next post is a positive one. :D

Stainless
stainless
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: My 1st Road Test Today Sep 04, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:im doing my 1st road exam today !!!!!!!

Hey major if you wanna fail with flair. If you see two guys holding hands walking dont give a sacond thought , just go and hit em up. The police will punish you by only failing u and no blood money and all the crap. In the end Pumpkin and Liban's will stop posting for sometime or forever...

:lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: My 1st Road Test Today Sep 05, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
Hey major if you wanna fail with flair. If you see two guys holding hands walking dont give a sacond thought , just go and hit em up. The police will punish you by only failing u and no blood money and all the crap. In the end Pumpkin and Liban's will stop posting for sometime or forever...

:lol:

Is that what happened to you for a month when you took over your alter-ego Jackpot77??
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2005
hahahahaha guys thnx for the posts !!!! and i guess all the good wishes helped !!! i passed my test first try !!!!! and i cant believe it !!!!! damn !!! ill be getting my liscense tomorow !!!!! anyway again thanx for the hell wishes !!!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:hahahahaha guys thnx for the posts !!!! and i guess all the good wishes helped !!! i passed my test first try !!!!! and i cant believe it !!!!! damn !!! ill be getting my liscense tomorow !!!!! anyway again thanx for the hell wishes !!!!!

Remind me not to be a pedestrian when i visit Dubai in a couple of days... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 05, 2005
i wont be driving still within these couple days anyway ... so if your gonna be in dubai from tom. till next week your safe hahahahaha

im still waiting for the car that my company is giving me .... my mom, aunt, and uncle they wouldnt let me drive their car !!!!!! WTF ?? they said not untill i get to drive for a month from my company car

:cry: :cry: :cry: WAAAAAA!!!!

and the worst part !!!!!! Car rentals wont let me rent a car

not until 3 months !!!

and i cant buy one not until 6 months waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2005
huh?? Can't buy a car till six months?? There is no such law... I bought mine within 2 weeks of getting my licence.. You need to check on that one.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 05, 2005
sa4877 wrote:huh?? Can't buy a car till six months?? There is no such law... I bought mine within 2 weeks of getting my licence.. You need to check on that one.

thats what ive been told ... ill check it again though tom. cause . man thats fcked my drivers liscense would be fckin useless then for a half ayear !!! thats fcking over kill for safety !!!!

yeah ill check withem tom.
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 05, 2005
:D Congrats major pain , But I thought that you are living in Dubai long time ago so how come you just got your driving L !!!
Umass
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 06, 2005
hey major there is no such rule...i know a guy in my office who baught a car the same day he got the license....so no need to wait...go burn the road
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 06, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:hahahahaha guys thnx for the posts !!!! and i guess all the good wishes helped !!! i passed my test first try !!!!! and i cant believe it !!!!! damn !!! ill be getting my liscense tomorow !!!!! anyway again thanx for the hell wishes !!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAmn. U failed to get rid of those 2 punks. OH WAIT a minute. I guess u suk in driving. If you ever wanna experience the rush of adrenaline then speed up and hit those 2 punks holding hands and walking on the street. :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 06, 2005
Umass wrote::D Congrats major pain , But I thought that you are living in Dubai long time ago so how come you just got your driving L !!!

yep ... cause before i never wanted the liscense ... taxi from karama to burdubhai was 5 dh ... and i never liked the idea of being an erand boy for my relatives ,....

then i did try to get a liscense when i was in fujairah for a year bbut i failed 8 times that was 1999 so i said fcuk driving in dubai i dont need it ... i got my moms driver anyway ...

but now ... im finally working ... finally and i kinda love what i do now .. and it requires a driving liscense ... thats the reason why i just had my liscense now
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 06, 2005
Congrats blossom.

Seems like you have been a bit lazy in getting your DL! Think I had better watch out for when you are on the roads, mind you, I hope you are better than 95% of the drivers here in Dubai!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 07, 2005
The driving tests in the UAE are nothing short of ridiculous and the instructors are possibly the worst offenders of traffic violations, check out the stuff they do once the noard is off their car. It's not extensive enough.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 07, 2005
yorky500 wrote:Congrats blossom.

Seems like you have been a bit lazy in getting your DL! Think I had better watch out for when you are on the roads, mind you, I hope you are better than 95% of the drivers here in Dubai!

hahahaah yeah ... i know .... but its all good ... and ill try my best not to be one of those 5% !!! hahahahahaahahahahahaha :twisted:

hey good news anyway !!! i found some rental company that actually lets new liscense holders rent cars but with an agreement that if an accident would happen the driver would be shouldering the whole expense of repairs
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 07, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:The driving tests in the UAE are nothing short of ridiculous and the instructors are possibly the worst offenders of traffic violations, check out the stuff they do once the noard is off their car. It's not extensive enough.

hahahahaha, I saw one of those Instructors for local ladies only one day whilst driving. The Instructor was in the passenger seat and the learner driver was driving but with a Mobile phone stuck to her ear! WTF.

start as you mean to go on I say! hahahahahahahahaha wonder if she passed with flying colours.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2005
yeah but really Emirates driving institute have really good instructors ... on the time that i took my driving exam 8 of us passed first try and we are all student of emirates driving institute main ... they really teach you good driving .... the worst as what ive heard is galadari ... they even loose their students files ...
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 24, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:yeah but really Emirates driving institute have really good instructors ... on the time that i took my driving exam 8 of us passed first try and we are all student of emirates driving institute main ... they really teach you good driving .... the worst as what ive heard is galadari ... they even loose their students files ...

maybe i should go there for a couple of lessons :iroc: ... i need to learn to drive on the right. I found it hard to drive on the right when i am used to driving on the left :banghead:. It was hard to keep in the lane and i totally can't see my right hand side of the car....it is just hard...especailly my bf is my teacher :violent1: (you know how it's like when the bf is in the pessenger seat and the gf is driving)...
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

yeah Sep 24, 2005
yeah i know what its like !!!!! but in my case i got my GF giving me driving lessons while im the one whos driving and who have a liscense .... hahahaha
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

hi Sep 25, 2005
You know.....if you are ever in new york and you ever get in trouble with the police, all you need to do is buy them a donut and all will be cool

so if you guys have problems with police in dubai, may be you can buy them a samosa or sumthin' :D

Peace!
kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: yeah Sep 25, 2005
mAJOR pAIN wrote:yeah i know what its like !!!!! but in my case i got my GF giving me driving lessons while im the one whos driving and who have a liscense .... hahahaha

haha.. maybe if the gf giving lessons even worse.... if i were her i would :violent1: <----- do this to you... hahha

Anyway, I managed not to pull over (angrily)and get out of the car (bang the door) last night :thumbright: , althought there are a copule shutings (from him) and i want to :violent3: <---- do this. I appreciated his time and patient.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 27, 2005
Hi everyone,

You make it sound terrible!!!...getting a driving liscence in Dubai, that is!
(having to crash against 2 guys holding hands?!?!?)
:shock:

I'll be moving to Dubai soon and I was hoping on getting a driver liscence there....what are the steps to follow?!?!?...how long does it usually take??!! :?

Any infor will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Tara!!
bucammra
Dubai Forum User

Sep 28, 2005
Get real people, it's a lottery. The instructors have a quota per day that are allowed to pass. I did mine with Belhasa, 4 guys per car. First 2 cars, 8 guys all failed. Next car, all 4 guys passed. In 45 minutes !!! What are the odds??? Whether you pass or fail is absolutely no indicator of your ability to park between the lines and not kill people. In that respect we are still part of the Third World. Count yourself lucky if you get a good draw but please keep out of my lane (the one on the left).

Cheers.
Mr. Logic
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 09, 2005
Hey Major!

I just passed my driving test too. But I am not as good as you. I passed on my THIRD!!!!!!! attempt! Will get my hired car this week! Pretty interesting you mentioned in one of your posts that car leasing companies won't allow you to hire if your license is less than 3 months. Looks like mine was not an issue. Hope you can get on the road soon!
PePPerCLIP
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 22, 2005
i had my first try this morning 4 of us in the car and all of us failed, i failed item #5 on the policemans checklist.
i dont know why,,, everthing went smoothly but still still.... Im also from emirates driving inst.so i will have to take another 6 class,,, pay for it and try another road test, HEY driving institute is a good business here in dubai considering the number of student and those who fail will pay additional classes just to take another road test,
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 23, 2005
Logic's right it's totally luck of the draw. But the way many of the instructors teach here I'm amazed how many people do pass their test.

I complained to one driving school the other day after seeing a learner under instruction go round a round-a-bout in completely the wrong lane, cut up 3 cars, zero indication and the instructor did nothing to correct him, it was pathetic.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 24, 2005
hey major congrats..

I already have driving license but i just want to change it to emirati license..how can i do that and how much will it cost me?
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat