AL MAYA SUPER MARKET - Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)

Topic locked
AL MAYA SUPER MARKET - Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) Apr 25, 2009
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to give you a piece of advice. Do not purchase from AL Maya Super market. Here are few of their negative actions I can remember from top of my head + other complaints I included from neighbors and my roommates:

1) if your order is less than 50 Dirhums, they will take over an hour for delivery.
2) if your order is over 50 Dirhums, but you request a quick delivery (ex, if you have guests), Al Maya will say "yes mam or sir" and deliver REALLY late on purpose,
3)ice cream is always melted
4)fruits and vegetables delivered to your door are mostly not fresh (the old stock)
5)If you order specific items, they send you something else
6)they never give you the right price for an item
7)always forget items
8)wrong total
9)double entries
10)Long waiting on the phone
11)Bad English speakers
12)almost expired stock
13)if you order Diet Pepsi, they bring you regular. if you order Rasberry flavor, they send you Lemon. if you order East, they will send you West.
14)over priced items because of "RICH" community.
15)Last but not least, annoying guy working for AL Maya giving you hard time over the phone and sometimes forcing you to buy things you do not want. example of such conversation:
AL Maya rep: "Sir! is that all"
Customer: "yes"
AL Maya rep: "you do not want breakfast items"
Customer: "no, that would be all thank you"
AL Maya rep: "you sure?"
Customer: "yes, that would be all for now"
AL Maya rep: "you sure you do not want fruits"
Customer: "NO"
AL Maya rep: "Bread, vegi, chocolate, juices"
Customer: "NO, that is all"
AL Maya rep: "sir! what about fresh cookies, sandwishes, and biryani"
Customer: "NO, NO, NO"
AL Maya rep: "ok sir... I will send you the order now, thank you"
Customer: "Thank you"
AL Maya rep: "we have bla bla bla bla bla bla"
Customer : **no comments**

This is an Indian company, employing mostly all indian staff. I am not saying that all Indians are like that. But I am sure a lot of the expats here know what i am talking about. go get your stuff your self from the grocery store, you do not want to give your money to such people. go to LULU, Carrefour, Geant, and the Coop and save

JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2009
Al Maya now exclusively target the rich developments or areas of dubai. There was a time when Lals and Choitram were the only proper supermarket in all of dubai and shj.

Dunno what happened to both. Now they only have branches on SZR and beyond. And ofcourse everything is overpriced.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 26, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Al Maya now exclusively target the rich developments or areas of dubai. There was a time when Lals and Choitram were the only proper supermarket in all of dubai and shj.

Dunno what happened to both. Now they only have branches on SZR and beyond. And ofcourse everything is overpriced.

Yeah that's true. however, LULU is still growing all over the Middle East. On the other hand, Choitram and Sppinyes are just rip-offs no wonder they are not growing in this area.
JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 30, 2009
i know what u r talking about. thats why i prefer to go myself and bring the stuff i need.
zuzudiva
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 30, 2009
zuzudiva wrote:i know what u r talking about. thats why i prefer to go myself and bring the stuff i need.

yes, it seemes that the stores which offers delivery just trying WAY TO HARD to just take advantage of us poor people :wink:
JBR_Resident
Dubai Forums Member

May 01, 2009
You only have to train them.
I order all the time when e reach home 10 coke and cigarettes this since almost one year. Now it is enough to call, they answer, I say only "hello" they say ok. No long discussion and quick delivery :D

rest I buy better my self
fritz7110
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list