ADD And Thier Pathetic Call Centre Staff!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
ADD and thier pathetic Call centre staff!!!!!!!! Apr 01, 2006
I have just about had it with ADD and thier customer service / call centre. The loosers that pick up the phones are a bunch of dropouts from school who have no idea why they are taking customer calls in the first place.

Recently, after the lightning storms in Dubai I called up to ask them if there was something I could do to check if my equipment was messed up because I wasnt getting any signal. He found out that I was using a decoder that I decided to purchase myself and decided he wasnt going to say anything to me.

After explaining to him that all I wanted was the configuration settings so that I could CHECK if my decoder was tuned correctly or not, he was arrogant and rude (as if it was my fault I wasnt getting thier signal).

Furthermore, he REFUSED point blank to allow me to speak to someone senior.... saying "do whatever you want!" :!:

I wrote a letter to them.... faxed them 3 times and mailed all thier email addresses on thier website ( I know they were read as I got read receipts).... and no one has called back.

ADD - THIEVES, ROBBERS, CON-ARTISTS...... now with the world cup coming.... they want to charge about 2K extra.

If you can...... stay away from them..... get an installer / agent to deal with them because they have NO CLUE how to run a business - management included.

evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 01, 2006
Their agents have no clue about which channels they have in the first place and what packages are availabe and the world cup is just a freaking rip-off, one must subscribe for a whole year and only gets the Sports Channel and the basic ART sports package and some useless channels and it costs around 1,300...
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 12, 2006
feel the frustration yu guys r up with ADD.

I've visited that place, & its true. They have kids ther on the phones..!! Those kids receive a gazzilion calls a day(wrkin in shifts) & they r paid pea(fk^&n) nuts... Their management sukz all the way from the top to bottom..
Their HR keep firing ppl & hiring every fortnight....!
& the list goes onnn.....

P.S. PIEcE of advice:- Move on .. ADD SUK.... GET E-vision or showtime. better service...
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2006
Showtime and service don't go well together in the same sentence.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
:geek: I guess all these co's need to attend CM SERVICE semniars! har! har!
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2006
Forgive my ignorance but what is ADD? I've heard of Orbit, Showtime and E-vision but not this company.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 13, 2006
fayz wrote:Forgive my ignorance but what is ADD? I've heard of Orbit, Showtime and E-vision but not this company.

Its offered in the Marina. I had it in my list of choices. Thankfully, I deal with DIC for all my technology needs. Curteous and efficient service (for the most part).
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
Liban wrote:Its offered in the Marina. I had it in my list of choices. Thankfully, I deal with DIC for all my technology needs. Curteous and efficient service (for the most part).

Dang, I never even heard of it when I was picking packages. Liban, helps you speak arabic, I have a hard time trying to convey my message across over the phone. Most times I have to go to the office and try to find someone to help me there. Thankfully, its only the down the road.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2006
fayz wrote:Forgive my ignorance but what is ADD? I've heard of Orbit, Showtime and E-vision but not this company.

ADD - Arab Digital Distribution..

Company like showtime offering bundeled channel packages.

U didnt miss out much by not hearing about ADD.! :rr:

& TO ALL THE pPl readin this forum .. AVOID ADD!!

Bad CM service! & they r really excel at bad service!
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 14, 2006
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 14, 2006
Cheers mate, although from the feedback not really worth looking into.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2006
Like Libn said earlier X, we are under DIC so we dont have to deal with ADD cust services, we deal with DIC - the channel package is pretty good for 129dhs, i got it myself along with Orbit. Showtime is well overpriced IMHO.

And, if you have all 3 packages with DIC you get a FREE 2nd digi box

:D :D
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 15, 2006
I agree with the showtime being overpriced bit. I pay 200 per month and I really only watch 7 channels so beginning to think its kinda money down the drain.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2006
agreed, I need to cancel my showtime, I pay over 200 and rarely watch it and when i do it seems to be reruns of what i watched last week.

Has anyone tried IP TV here, I use to use one service and it was great for $5/month, it was based in New Orleans though so when all the stuff happened there, the service was stopped.

I'm thinking of subscribing to another called ESS.tv, anyone use it? what are your thoughts?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 15, 2006
They wont bring IPTV here for sure...... not that easy to RIP people off with it!

Whats up XRW...... 8)

ADD are the most pathetic people I have dealt with. They are probably worse than Etisalat in that they will want you to cough up dough before they even commit to sending someone over to check out the problem.

I am rarely at home - so it took them 4 visits to figure out which dish was mine on the roof..... (for which they wanted to charge me for every visit!) and then they say they would come at 3pm and then call at 9pm only to say sorry we cant come now.... "very busy"

Bunch of loosers.........
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2006
Well, if it isn't the two guys I used to confuse with each other :lol:

Welcome and what's up mate.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2006
When I finally renewed my subscription with ADD two or three weeks back I asked for a technician to come over to fix the dish and install the new receiver, they started arguing, I tried to explain that the dish was not working at all and those idiots were telling me where the cables go in the receiver, don't let me get started on the non-existent professionalism and lack of standards whatsoever...
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 16, 2006
Liverpool - they never heard of those words. I had the same issue with them, all they are ever interested is in scamming your money during renewal (notice how efficient the system is in calling you back / SMS / reminders when your Credit Card is about to expire)

Once they see your "subscription active" - as far as they are concerned "everything is fine" regardless if all you see on your screen is static!

The most sad thing about it is that Showtime and Orbit I am sure will be no better. I filled up one of those forms at a showtime desk in a mall after my rant with ADD, and no one called me back :!:
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2008
had a problem with their call center as well.

I had a subsription for a particular amount X which was debited from my account. I noticed that last month, they debited X+Y. I called them several times, however, no success.

Four months have passed and they were still debiting the additional amount. I had to cancel my card because of them.
After many investigations, (I THINK they called the INTERPOL), they found out that my credit card number was put by mistake for another subscriber. How on earth could this happen?? A customer's credit card number is not a joke!!!

2 months later, they agreed to pay back the amount, by crediting it TO My credit card!

HELL NO WAY. my old card was cancelled, and I am not willing to give them the new card number! who guarantees that they will debit me even more instead of crediting??? and i will have to fight again for 6 months?

I gave up:(
samihsh
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 16, 2008
samihsh wrote:had a problem with their call center as well.

I had a subsription for a particular amount X which was debited from my account. I noticed that last month, they debited X+Y. I called them several times, however, no success.

Four months have passed and they were still debiting the additional amount. I had to cancel my card because of them.
After many investigations, (I THINK they called the INTERPOL), they found out that my credit card number was put by mistake for another subscriber. How on earth could this happen?? A customer's credit card number is not a joke!!!

2 months later, they agreed to pay back the amount, by crediting it TO My credit card!

HELL NO WAY. my old card was cancelled, and I am not willing to give them the new card number! who guarantees that they will debit me even more instead of crediting??? and i will have to fight again for 6 months?

I gave up:(

I too have just cancelled my CC and think I am going to have to go through a huge fight trying to explain things to them once again.

Publish your complaint on 7days and see if there is any feedback.
evolve
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2008
i'm pretty happy with orbit :)
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list