Used Superbikes Prices...

Topic locked
Used superbikes prices... Jan 12, 2007
Can anyone give me ballpark figures for used superbikes??
How many % interest for financing?? How many years??
Thanks in advance.

beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 14, 2007
To give you an idea of what bikes sell for

400 cc - below 8000 dhirams

older 600's (CBR F4) - between 15000 and 20000 dhirams

Newer 600's (CBR600RR) around 25000

Newer 1000's (CBR1000RR) - around 30000 to 34000

Finance is available from showrooms for new bikes and the rates are pretty good
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 14, 2007
KeithL wrote:To give you an idea of what bikes sell for

Cheers mate 8)
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2007
Let me know if you are looking for anything specific and i'll keep an eye out for you ! :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
KeithL wrote:Let me know if you are looking for anything specific and i'll keep an eye out for you ! :wink:

Currently, riding a Z1k to work, wknd twisties & occasional track days. (Used to ride a ZX 636 for hte same purpose).

What's available to suit the same usage in Dubai? Looking for a 600 sportbike or 1000 naked (CBRs riding position not really to my liking).
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 21, 2007
beaujarle wrote:
KeithL wrote:Let me know if you are looking for anything specific and i'll keep an eye out for you ! :wink:

Currently, riding a Z1k to work, wknd twisties & occasional track days. (Used to ride a ZX 636 for hte same purpose).

What's available to suit the same usage in Dubai? Looking for a 600 sportbike or 1000 naked (CBRs riding position not really to my liking).

the Nekkid Yamaha 600 will be the perfect bike for you

Dhs 34000 from the showroom brand new ! 8)
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 22, 2007
KeithL wrote:the Nekkid Yamaha 600 will be the perfect bike for you

A naked 600 would be a bit underpower for me...at least 750 :D
The Yammy you mentioned....is it a Fazer?

What are the hassle free maintenance bike in Dubai?
Here in Malaysia, Kawasaki is the easiest to maintain as there are dealerships here with parts. For the rest of the makes, we either have to get parts from Singapore (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki)or Italy (Ducati, Aprilia, Guzzi).
Are Ducatis cheap to maintain in Dubai? Thinking of a Monster 900 :twisted:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2007
i left my ducati 750SS in the uk, im not prepared to search forspares out here.

also, im tempted to buy a bike here, as the new ones are cheaper than in the uk, but as they have no 'e' markings, they will have to go through the bike test/adjustments to take it back to the uk, so i think its far too much hassle, unless there is a website offering info on this that anyone can furnish me with? thanks.
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2007
Kawasaki is not sold in the UAE since the last couple of years unfortunately

Honda seems to be the most common bikes around.

In case you're keen on a Ducati, Tristar motors and Motorcycle City have plenty of Dukes at times
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 25, 2007
KeithL wrote:Kawasaki is not sold in the UAE since the last couple of years unfortunately

Honda seems to be the most common bikes around.

There goes my ZX6R .. Any reasons why Kawasaki shut shop? No buyers?? If true then its such a shame... :shock:
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2007
KeithL wrote:the Nekkid Yamaha 600 will be the perfect bike for you

Keith,
The Yamaha FZ6 and Suzuki GSR600 are around 30k DHS. The rates are from the showroom near Musaffa in Abu Dhabi. The sales rep also promised a discount if I decide to buy a bike from them.

The new R6 was around 41K though, they did not have the prices for the 2007 R1 as its not expected for another couple of months atleast.
I wonder how much the CBR600 would cost.

Cheers,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2007
In the region of 32K +..Have you ever ridden a 600cc + bike before....If not I would suggest you start with a 400cc or lower bike....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 29, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:In the region of 32K +..Have you ever ridden a 600cc + bike before....If not I would suggest you start with a 400cc or lower bike....

I'll answer this as I think its pointing at me :)
I have ridden a bike for a real long time (12+ years), not a 600 or a sports bike though. I am from India and these bikes are afforable only to a lucky few.
I ride a Yamaha RD350, a 2 stroke twin with 35 to 40BHP depending on who you talk to 8).

Originally I was planning a 400cc bike but could not come across any when I was there hence decided on the 600. I might not go for a new bike as I feel they are too track focussed and unbearable to ride in the traffic.

I quite liked the CBR600 F4i when I rode it in London, found it to be quite comfortable and the engine was not too peaky.

I of course look forward to suggestions of people like you as you guys have far more experience than me.

Thanks,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2007
Adding to my previous post.
I liked the Yamaha FZ6 and the Suzuki GSR600. Not too powerful, decent handling etc.
Does anyone have any views on these 2 bikes?
The reviews on the internet seem to be quite favorable.
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:Adding to my previous post.
I liked the Yamaha FZ6 and the Suzuki GSR600. Not too powerful, decent handling etc.

Just my 2 Fils again!!!! Both the gixxer and the Yam pack a mean punch.....40 BHP as compared to 120 BHP....That is a large large jump...

Plus taking into consideration that you have never ridden on the UAE roads.....I can only suggest you go for a 400cc...There are plenty of stores in Shj. if required I can put you in touch with a friend of mine who has a 400cc....But then again its your life and your money....

Try autodealer for bikes and also look at their forum for input. As for a good beginner bike read thru Totalmotorcycel.com.

Cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 29, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:Adding to my previous post.

There's nothing wrong in getting a bigger cc bike as long as u really get used to it the first 2-3 months before 'redlining' it.

I started with a ZZR600 a couple of years back & now I'm getting my knees down at the twisties.

But if u're not very confident, I think a 600 naked is ok but not a 600 sportsbike.

I'm considering a naked myself as there's not much twisties/track for me to enjoy a sportsbike in Dubai :roll:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:Just my 2 Fils again!!!! Both the gixxer and the Yam pack a mean punch.....40 BHP as compared to 120 BHP....That is a large large jump...

Plus taking into consideration that you have never ridden on the UAE roads.....I can only suggest you go for a 400cc...There are plenty of stores in Shj. if required I can put you in touch with a friend of mine who has a 400cc....But then again its your life and your money....

Try autodealer for bikes and also look at their forum for input. As for a good beginner bike read thru Totalmotorcycel.com.

Cheers

I did not mean the R6 or the Gixxer600, the bikes in question barely touch 100BHP. The jump still is quite big though. :cry:
I've never ridden here but have driven quite a bit, if 5000 kms can be considered lot :?

Thanks for the link to totalmotorcyle and autodealer, will go through them. I will give you a call once I am in Dubai. I could use all the help I can get...

Cheers mate
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2007
beaujarle wrote:There's nothing wrong in getting a bigger cc bike as long as u really get used to it the first 2-3 months before 'redlining' it.

I started with a ZZR600 a couple of years back & now I'm getting my knees down at the twisties.

But if u're not very confident, I think a 600 naked is ok but not a 600 sportsbike.

I'm considering a naked myself as there's not much twisties/track for me to enjoy a sportsbike in Dubai :roll:

I agree with what you are saying - crawl, walk and then run!!!
I dont mind the naked 600's, infact I think they will be quite apt for a rider like me. Also both the bikes are quite attractive and relatively cheap.

The only problem I can see is while riding on the highways/freeways. The wind blast hitting ur chest can be very tiresome after a while. I can say this with experience from riding back home.
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:
beaujarle wrote:There's nothing wrong in getting a bigger cc bike as long as u really get used to it the first 2-3 months before 'redlining' it.

I agree with what you are saying - crawl, walk and then run!!!
I dont mind the naked 600's, infact I think they will be quite apt for a rider like me. Also both the bikes are quite attractive and relatively cheap.

The only problem I can see is while riding on the highways/freeways. The wind blast hitting ur chest can be very tiresome after a while. I can say this with experience from riding back home.

Not a problem, fit a windscreen...check out my Z1000. Can still run at 180km/h on hiways with not too bad windblast.
http://www.msportbike.com/phpbb/album_pic.php?pic_id=14470
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2007
beaujarle wrote:Not a problem, fit a windscreen...check out my Z1000. Can still run at 180km/h on hiways with not too bad windblast.
http://www.msportbike.com/phpbb/album_pic.php?pic_id=14470

Cant see it, I get a not authorised message.
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2007
How much does a Yamaha TDM 900 (post '02) costs?
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/364969/
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2007
beaujarle wrote:How much does a Yamaha TDM 900 (post '02) costs?
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/364969/

Neat bike that!! But I doubt if its available in Dubai.
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2007

25000 for a 600RR? are you serious. that's like $6800 US. Is that right? that price is like 10 years ago for a current 600 in the US.
FWBRC51
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2007
FWBRC51 wrote:25000 for a 600RR? are you serious. that's like $6800 US. Is that right? that price is like 10 years ago for a current 600 in the US.

25000 DHS would be for a used CBR600RR, post 2003 model year.
A brand new 600 super sport should set you back around 42-44000 DHS.

I had enquired the prices of R6 in Jan 07 and was quoted 42k DHS at a dealership in Abu Dhabi.

I will be buying at a FZ6 or GSR600 pretty soon.
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 16, 2007
FWBRC51 wrote:

25000 for a 600RR? are you serious. that's like $6800 US. Is that right? that price is like 10 years ago for a current 600 in the US.

there is a 900RR going for around 12K at the moment and you frequently get 954's for around the 22K mark

Bikes dont sell that much here... demand is pretty low
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 16, 2007
I saw a Kwak 636 in Race World a couple of months back and they told me they'll support it.

Keith was right used market here is quite weak.. you can get good bargains especially if you pay cash. Better deals are during summer when bikers kind of hibernate.

Dukes are also cheap (relatively) if you're into secondhand.They tend to lose value faster.

Watch out for wheelie bikes though when you go for used ones. They are very common.
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
faispro wrote:I saw a Kwak 636 in Race World a couple of months back and they told me they'll support it.

Keith was right used market here is quite weak.. you can get good bargains especially if you pay cash. Better deals are during summer when bikers kind of hibernate.

Dukes are also cheap (relatively) if you're into secondhand.They tend to lose value faster.

Watch out for wheelie bikes though when you go for used ones. They are very common.

Cool...how much does a used Monster 900 costs?
Is it a pain in the a** to maintain in Dubai?
Thanks.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 17, 2007
beaujarle wrote:
faispro wrote:I saw a Kwak 636 in Race World a couple of months back and they told me they'll support it.

Cool...how much does a used Monster 900 costs?
Is it a pain in the a** to maintain in Dubai?
Thanks.

Honestly I haven't seen any used monster advertised lately with price announced.. I think i saw once but didn't inquire.. not my type of bike I'm afraid :(

However, new ones are : 2006 price from Tristar UAE (07 price not sure)
Monster 620 30k
620s 34k
800 38k
1000 44k
1000s 48k
S4R 52k

For Ducatis you only have Tristar as authorized distributor/agent. Other shops maybe able to maintain .. you just have to ask. Maintenance for bikes are around singapore price if you're familiar or roughly same as cost of regular car servicing in approved dealership.(if I'm not mistaken)
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
Hi all,

You can have a good gauge of used bike prices from www.gulfnews.com >classifieds >Dubai&Northern Emirates >Motorcycles

Happy Hunting!
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
faispro wrote:Honestly I haven't seen any used monster advertised lately with price announced.. I think i saw once but didn't inquire.. not my type of bike I'm afraid :(

However, new ones are : 2006 price from Tristar UAE (07 price not sure)
Monster 620 30k
620s 34k
800 38k
1000 44k
1000s 48k
S4R 52k

For Ducatis you only have Tristar as authorized distributor/agent. Other shops maybe able to maintain .. you just have to ask. Maintenance for bikes are around singapore price if you're familiar or roughly same as cost of regular car servicing in approved dealership.(if I'm not mistaken)

Thanks...hope that Duc parts not as expensive as M'sia.

An '03 GSXR 750 for 27k looks reasonable. :twisted:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto