Transferring Car From Abu Dhabi To Dubai Registration

Topic locked
Transferring Car from Abu Dhabi to Dubai Registration Aug 22, 2006
Hello There

Hopefully someone can help me here.

My car is registered in Abu Dhabi, my visa from Abu Dhabi. My wives visa is in Dubai.

We both live in Dubai now, we used in live in Abu Dhabi.

Now, how do I transfer my car from the Abu Dhabi registered plates to Dubai registered plates (and into my wives name)?

Also to add my laziness, is there any helpfully companies who will do this for me? If so what are there contact details?

Thanks

offshoretiggar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 22, 2006
The laziest thing to do is not to bother - you still have car in your name and visa in Abu Dhabi.

If you transfer to wife name, you need to export from Abu Dhabi to Dubai and she re-registers it in Dubai.

Yes, I think there's companies that do it - I've seen adverts in paper. If you bought car at company, ask them if they have a recommendation.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 23, 2006
What you're supposed to do is cancel the Abu Dhabi reg and get temporary "import" plates from them at a separate cost, then drive to Dubai and register in Dubai.

Midland Cars in Karama, Dubai (look 'em up) does it all, for Dhs 200. I used them to register a plateless car I bought in Sharjah, though I did drive from Sharjah to Dubai without plates, without coming across any cops. Risky, but that is an option.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto