The Car Buying Hassel

Topic locked
The car buying hassel Dec 02, 2005
its me again trying to find a car. countdown started as my driving test is on Monday.

ok, I'm still looking for a car. here are my rivals i know there are huge difference but i'm in a flexible budget and willing to through if i'm having fun: (PLEASE HELP ME)

Golf GTI 03+
Accord 04+
BMW 325/328/330/ci 01+
Merc C200/230/320 03+

And for those i'm willing to cross the 100 k mark
Porsche Boxster S 98+
Nissan 350z (My fav so far)
Nissan Murano ( might enjoy offroading, but not hardcore)

If new, i'm thinking about the new Civic, so far the Si is not available.

Please give me your opinion, my criteria are as follows:

Max 2300 Dhm/month
Maintenance Cost
Resale Value
fuel consumption (least criteria)

Thank you all in advance.

yshimy

Dec 02, 2005
if u want rx8 supra skyline imrenza sti z350 accord let me know
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 02, 2005
Rudeboy,

What type of help can you offer? I am looking know for a car. :)
rdoug4
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 02, 2005
rdoug4 wrote:Rudeboy,

What type of help can you offer? I am looking know for a car. :)

if you are in dubai i mite be able to help u out
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2005
well, man, thank you alot, can you plz send me your number? i'll be having my driving test tom and hope i pass it. it is a nightmare.

well, all my life, i dreamed of having a Skyline GT-R34.

Thanx
yshimy

Dec 05, 2005
I'll give a bump for Rudeboy, was very helpful in answering some questions I had.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 05, 2005
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Same sinario different person.

I FAIlED TODAY the driving test, and was reschudeled for 7th Feb and i talked with the guy and he changed it to 26t of Dec, which is still to far.

I did everything wrong you can imagine, i can't believe i did those silly mistakes, but i paniced after he failed the other 3 guys and i was the 4ht.

Anyway, don't know what to do.

Anyone know what would happen if i was caught driving with internaitonal license while i have residancy????
yshimy

Dec 05, 2005
hey sorry to hear about ur driving thing anyways i thought u can convert ur international driving licence to UAE licence cos thats wot i did and i didnt even have to take a test or anything its better if u ask dubai police cos for u it mite be a different scenario

yshimy wrote::crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Same sinario different person.

I FAIlED TODAY the driving test, and was reschudeled for 7th Feb and i talked with the guy and he changed it to 26t of Dec, which is still to far.

I did everything wrong you can imagine, i can't believe i did those silly mistakes, but i paniced after he failed the other 3 guys and i was the 4ht.

Anyway, don't know what to do.

Anyone know what would happen if i was caught driving with internaitonal license while i have residancy????
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
Mine was also converted over, just paid for the eye exam and the coversion fee.

Rudeboy, price me up for an GT-R34 or a Spec C STi (02 onwards).
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
Thanx all,
My original license is Egyptian license, and i got my international one from Egypt too, (i'm german national) but lived in Egypt.

Thats why they don't convert it. :(((

Anyway, looking forward for my next exam, well what the heck it will not make difference for me.
yshimy

Dec 09, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:Mine was also converted over, just paid for the eye exam and the coversion fee.

Wow, this I was to see as well. If they are around what you were saying earlier (on another thread), then I too might be up for it. Stolen to order! hahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 11, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:Mine was also converted over, just paid for the eye exam and the coversion fee.

hmmm am sure u talking about a right hand r34 rite a right hand costs around 70,000 to 80,000 dhs
original left hand to hard to find and converted R34s may not guarantee u dubai passing where as right hand does thats if u convert it from the guys in al aweer with the original nissan skyline dashboard and other parts
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 12, 2005
Hey Yshimy,
want a car from los angeles, i buy and sell car here but can also send you one in dubai. i know a dealer there. shipping and everything will be taken cared by me. you let me know if you are intrested. Can get you 350z, Porche boxter, and murano for under 100K AED.
Let me know
Thx
TJ
Taha
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 12, 2005
[quote="Taha"]Hey Yshimy,
want a car from los angeles, i buy and sell car here but can also send you one in dubai. i know a dealer there. shipping and everything will be taken cared by me. you let me know if you are intrested. Can get you 350z, Porche boxter, and murano for under 100K AED.
Let me know
Thx
TJ[/quote

hmmm u can get those cars for less then 100k AED in UAE u just have to know where to look for those kind of cars and know the ppl selling those cars ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 12, 2005
rudeboy wrote:hmmm am sure u talking about a right hand r34 rite a right hand costs around 70,000 to 80,000 dhs
original left hand to hard to find and converted R34s may not guarantee u dubai passing where as right hand does thats if u convert it from the guys in al aweer with the original nissan skyline dashboard and other parts

I want RHD and they will remain RHD.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2005
Well lets say put it this way, i can get you well under 100K.....around 60K for Boxster. By looking at the UAE market i have to say some car prices are higher there than here in US.
Taha
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 13, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:hmmm am sure u talking about a right hand r34 rite a right hand costs around 70,000 to 80,000 dhs

I want RHD and they will remain RHD.

add me on ur msn id i got u added but u always buzy on the msn anyways am aulhuq@hotmail.com so i ll talk to u on msn
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 09, 2006
think i just want a new sport range rover! anyone sick of theirs yet?
richmc
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 09, 2006
yeah, there are alot in the used market

I was in BMW last week, MAN they got 3 M5's 05 models with less than 5000km on dash.

What the heck wrong with the guys bought them
yshimy

Feb 09, 2006
yshimy, one car dealer we dealt with said that many people over-extend themselves finacially and can't afford to keep their new cars - that's why they end up for sale with really low kms.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 09, 2006
also to add to what Kanelli said, there is big business in importing fixed high end write offs here, there are lots of good opportunities but also lots of sh1t, you need to be careful.

M5's are great, good choice.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 10, 2006
yeah, i like M5s and M3s

but unfortunatly can't afford em.

BTW an update on my Buying car hassel, i just took the desicion to wait few weeks till i pass the 25 y.o mark as the insurance is killer for me now.

:(

and take my time as the most logical choice would be a Murano, but..... i doesn't fulfill my passion for cars.

Also appriciate if anyone knows a Good Used car dealer with resonable price and wouldn't trick me.

I found used cars from a dealer cost from 10 to 15k dhms more than if i got them dirctly from a user.

Cheers
yshimy

Feb 10, 2006
Add to Kanelli and Fayz, theres people here that buy cars just to see what they are like and after a month or so they flog it off and get something else. My friend's been through a fair whack of cars in the past 7 months I've known him including Carrera turbo (which he still has), Range Rover sports, CLS55 & now he's got a Bentley Continental.

yshimy: One to avoid is Target Autos on SZR.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2006
If you ever end up getting a supra, skyline, rx8 or modded car, make SURE it has been well tuned and taken care of.

A friend of mine got himself a 97 Supra, it was US imported and claimed it made 600whp @ 22psi. There was no wideband, no tuning records or any sorts, the only thing i did notice is that it shoots black smoke from the tail pipe like a diesel truck once you hit full boost, indicating an extremely rich mixture. Three months down the road, oil cunsumption increased dramatically, 2 liters for every 1,000k, which is a big no no.

He ended up in Sharjah, a 'good mechanic' he knows was there, after tearing the engine, the cylinder bores were just washed away, and now he is looking for a replacement block (scores were 4-5mm deep, completely out of spec).

Make sure engine is tuned, otherwise stay away from it!!! take this advise from me, someone with real world experience, and add a grain of salt ;)
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2006
Man,
After been around here for a while, i wouldn't buy a sports car except when i got another car that is reliable with it.

for me, i will not go for imported cars. Yes, i wanna play it safe, get a reliable car, low depreciation and less hassle and sell it after a year or two.

If i thought about a sports car..... welll, not sports but i prefer to call it "rich boys toys" as they are more show than preformance compared to the hardcore sports cars. I might go for BMW 330ci, Audi S3, S4, and if i got the money, i'd go for a porsche. no turbo nothing as i will never have the money for a turbo one "which is the start of the hardcore sports car in porsche IMO "

anyway, thanks for the thoughts, the warnings and the... sharing
yshimy

Feb 12, 2006
[quote="hosrom_951"]the only thing i did notice is that it shoots black smoke from the tail pipe like a diesel truck once you hit full boost, indicating an extremely rich mixture.quote]

Umm... it is the norm to provide a rich mixture on load, especially in this sort of weather condition and with that sorta hp.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto