Selling A Dubai Registered Car To An Abu Dhabi Buyer

Topic locked
Selling a Dubai registered car to an Abu Dhabi buyer Apr 28, 2007
Hi There,

I've just agreed to sell my car to someone in Abu Dhabi.

My car is registered in Dubai and I am told that I have to get export plates.

I'm a little confused on how the whole thing works.

Do I go directly to the Traffic Police or do I cancel insurance first?

Do I have to go to Abu Dhabi. The buyer has agreed to come back to Dubai and drive the car back to AD after I receive payment.

What about the letter for the Bank. Who will issue this?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Ddot
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 28, 2007
Just cancel registration after you receive payment. The rest is buyer's problem. Don't know anything about bank loans, but others might answer you.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 28, 2007
Thanks for that!
Ddot
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 30, 2007
What letter for the bank?

You need one from the bank saying the outstanding amount on the loan has been paid off and you have the legal right to sell the car. Without this you cannot deregister the vehicle.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 02, 2007
i'm in the same situation...selling a Dubai registered car to an AD buyer, and not knowing much about the process...

so as I understand, after the full amount of money exchanges hands, then I :
- cancel registration at the Traffic Police
- cancel insurance
and let the buyer drive the car away?

as I live in Abu Dhabi, do I have to drive the car to the Traffic Police or can I just take a cab there (to avoid driving to Dubai)?

Thanks in advance for any replies...greatly appreciated!
Purple
Dubai Forum Guest

May 02, 2007
Hey, i recently sold my DXB registered car to a dealer in AUH, and this was the process I followed..

- We agree price, and buyer parks car in his showroom
- gives me advance payment of AED 1000 (to finalise deal)
- next day, Buyer meets me at bank with full payment, and I settle outstanding loan
- get NOC from bank in a day or so, and with that I take only the number plates and dealer documents to traffic dept in Muroor on ShkZ road
- Get plates cancelled, and transfer ownership to dealer's shop
- Give him final documents showing that he owns the car without registration

To sell to an individual buyer, once you have final payment, take the car to DXB and get cancellation done,and if the buyer agrees to handle the export plate formalities, ur off the hook, otherwise apply for an export plate, by giving buyer licence & passport copy & sale deed, and organise export insurance from counter within the dept.

you get bright blue plates and drive away happily! Hope this helps..
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

May 02, 2007
^^ Spot on. Also, if you get a cheque and even though its jailable / deportable offence to bounce a cheque here, make sure its cleared before you sign over to sell.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 02, 2007
By the way, what's a "sale deed" between individual buyers? As in who issues it, police or seller?

I bought from a Sharjah dealer and got a bunch of paperwork so it wasn't too much of an issue to reg in Dubai. But what's the paperwork between individuals?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2007
[quote="avkurian"]-
To sell to an individual buyer, once you have final payment, take the car to DXB and get cancellation done,and if the buyer agrees to handle the export plate formalities.[/quote]

Avkurian,

I'm selling to an individual buyer. do I still have to bring the car to DXB? can I just bringthe plates, like you mentioned, to DXB?
Thanks
Purple
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto