Posted May 02, 2007
Hey, i recently sold my DXB registered car to a dealer in AUH, and this was the process I followed..
- We agree price, and buyer parks car in his showroom
- gives me advance payment of AED 1000 (to finalise deal)
- next day, Buyer meets me at bank with full payment, and I settle outstanding loan
- get NOC from bank in a day or so, and with that I take only the number plates and dealer documents to traffic dept in Muroor on ShkZ road
- Get plates cancelled, and transfer ownership to dealer's shop
- Give him final documents showing that he owns the car without registration
To sell to an individual buyer, once you have final payment, take the car to DXB and get cancellation done,and if the buyer agrees to handle the export plate formalities, ur off the hook, otherwise apply for an export plate, by giving buyer licence & passport copy & sale deed, and organise export insurance from counter within the dept.
you get bright blue plates and drive away happily! Hope this helps..
- Dubai Forums Member
- Posts: 39
- Location: Abu Dhabi