3M Or V-Kool??

Topic locked
3M or V-Kool?? Nov 10, 2006
Someone had mentioned tht v-kool messes up some of the elctricals dunno how???
and 3M is costin a hundred bucks cheaper thn the v-kool...
Its for my altima 2.5
lemme knw...
thanks...

need_for_speed
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 10, 2006
V-kool seems extremely expensive for just tint (no matter "up to" how much heat they reduce). Didn't know 3M was that high too.

From what I've seen, the ghetto guys install V-kool on the inside of the rear window. While this prevents the rear tint from fading compared to putting it outside, they put it over the embedded electric wires on the rear window (wires used for de-misting). Slapping water and scraping on wires linked to the rest of the car electrical system probably affects something else also in certain cars, which is what your friends might be referring to.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 10, 2006
All tinting should be applied to the inside windows - rear screen included. The demisting elements are "one sided" and there is protective coating over the back that protects them from being damaged. Applying tint over or even touching them with your fingers do not damage them.

V-kool only affects frequency reception within a vehicle - as they are metal based. That is, if you have aftermarket tv system / handsfree that doesn't have an external antenna then the reception quality is reduced.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2006
And lets not forget that V-cool costs a shit load more than 3M does. well, thats from my research anyway.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 11, 2006
but does the v-kool or the 3m for that matter reduce the heat in the car? how are they different from the normal tint??
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 12, 2006
The company i last worked for installed 30% tint 3M in both mini busses for ~Dhs700.

I heard V-Kool goes for 1500+ depending on the car.......

I was in the bus once, and barely felt any sun/heat in traffice at 11:00am in July/August......very good stuff.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 27, 2006
V-Kool is expensive...
aint worth it

whatever u want to install...
do it from the inside..
uae79
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 03, 2006
apart from V Cool and 3M, any other brands available here worth checking out? Like Huper Optik? good quality at affordable price?
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 03, 2006
3m and v-kool are the more popular and better brands. dunno about the others, has anyone (website) done any comparative test with diffrerent brands of tint in same car same outside conditions???
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 12, 2006
Which company can do windows tinting professionally?
dubai008
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2006
can someone recommend a good place (in abu dhabi if possible, or dubai) where i can get some 3m tint installed. its for an suv, so it shouldnt be more than 500-600dhs right?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
still waitin for some recommendations on 3m tint installers who do a good job in abu dhabi... or even dubai if i have to drive there
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 18, 2006
cheap deal,

join us on www.evolve.ae

its a Dubai based car forum with some people from Abu Dhabi on it as well. There you can ask away, but use the dearch button first. hahahahahaah
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 03, 2009
I tried V kool before as my friend advised me, and was totally disappointed. It gave few bubles and influenced mobile signal.
Then I tried DUGuard by Foilacar that is by Grand Petrol Station, and really happy with it, the price is not cheap, but it really reduces the heat, and they provide 7 years warranty, all products come from Germany, not from China, so, it perfectly works.
Brandon
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jul 23, 2009
You may contact Salman Quraishi, head of 3M dealer in Dubai, on 050 - 5342349..

They have recently opened their branch in Dubai Marina Mall and they do a great job, prices are way better than V-Kool..
SSense
Dubai Forum User

Jul 29, 2009
I went there once, asked from where they bring materials, got no answer! How come they put film but have no idea where it is from?! I know some people from my work that put it but then were disappointed as 3M promnises almost 90% solar heat reduction, that is hardly possible, some people even didn't notice big difference after they put.
Sirius999
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 03, 2009
There are other brands too i.e NANOLUX and LLUMAR
finny76
Dubai Forums Member

Re: 3M or V-Kool?? Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for your feedback Sirius999 - I hardly find it possible that anyone either working with us, or otherwise would not know that 3M is a US based company. In relation to the heat rejection, the IR rejection is 97%, and maximum heat rejection is around 60%. 90% would be an overstatement, and you are right that such a film does not exist.

Anyway, do call me directly if you have any further queries, I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Salman Quraishi
(06) 530 1718
3M Authorized Autocare Centre
http://www.agefilms.com
SQ
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: 3M Or V-Kool?? Sep 18, 2013
i prefere nexfill ( enzo cool ) nano cermaic .. 85 % heat rejection and 99%uv best of them
suadtaha
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: 3M Or V-Kool?? Dec 28, 2013
how about nanolux?
motorhead
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto