Financing A 4x4 Purchase In Dubai

Topic locked
Financing a 4x4 purchase in Dubai Mar 19, 2007
Hello, I am looking to buy a Grand Cherokee next month when I arrive. I will be in Dubai on secondment for 2 years.

Been keeping an eye on Dubizzle and 4x4 motors website. I find the lack of transparacy in pricing a bit frustrating but does anyone know how much a new Grand Cherokee costs and how long does one need to wait for delivery? Are there any promotions on right now? :lol:

I read that you need to me a resident for 3 months before you can apply for finance. Bank interest rates look really good (compared to here in the UK). If that is the case, I may just rent an Accord for a few months but I would rather buy asap. Do they just want to see a regular pattern in my account or do they need to be satisfied that I can afford it? I get a AED2000 car allowance per month and I am transferring a decent chunk of my salary from the UK to Dubai every month for cost of living etc...

Does anyone have any recommendations of what else might be interesting? It needs to have decent 4x4 ability so "soft" roaders are out of the question. :wink:

If I buy secondhand (not from a dealer but privately via an expat leaving Dubai for example), do I need to do anything else apart from arrange insurance and registration?

Are there any other websites that have decent pics of the cars they are selling (I know the sun city motors ones).

Thanks ! :)

turbo_tamago
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 19, 2007
Visit www.Autodealer.ae search there and post as well...

:D
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Financing a 4x4 purchase in Dubai Mar 19, 2007
turbo_tamago wrote:Do they just want to see a regular pattern in my account or do they need to be satisfied that I can afford it? I get a AED2000 car allowance per month and I am transferring a decent chunk of my salary from the UK to Dubai every month for cost of living etc...

I see that your salary is transferred to or paid in UK and only few bucks transferred to Dubai for cost of living. The dealer/bank normally wants to see how much you earn per month and shown in the account. Better chance to do the other way around, to put your monthly salary in local account (and then optionally transfer the rest to UK), at least for first few months until your loan gets approved.

turbo_tamago wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations of what else might be interesting? It needs to have decent 4x4 ability so "soft" roaders are out of the question. :wink:

Get a Landcruiser.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

xty wrote:Get a Landcruiser.

Yuck! :sign11:
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

bschmidt wrote:
xty wrote:Get a Landcruiser.

Yuck! :sign11:

I agree, not a beautiful car, but most (80%?) use it for off-road on those sand dunes.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

4X4 motors are overpriced IMO, buy from some of the other dealers like Al Futtaim automall or some of the others who advertise in the Gulf News classifieds

turbo_tamago wrote:I read that you need to me a resident for 3 months before you can apply for finance.
Thanks ! :)

Thats not true if you pay 25% of the amount as a downpayment. If you do then all you need is your residence visa copies and cheques for each monthly instalment
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Financing a 4x4 purchase in Dubai Mar 23, 2007
KeithL wrote:Thats not true if you pay 25% of the amount as a downpayment. If you do then all you need is your residence visa copies and cheques for each monthly instalment

I did not know that. Would solve a lot of stuff for me.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Financing a 4x4 purchase in Dubai Mar 24, 2007
gtmash wrote:
KeithL wrote:Thats not true if you pay 25% of the amount as a downpayment. If you do then all you need is your residence visa copies and cheques for each monthly instalment

I did not know that. Would solve a lot of stuff for me.

you should have asked !! :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto