Bringing Cars To UAE

Topic locked
Bringing cars to UAE Oct 20, 2006
Wondering if you guys can help me out. I am thinking of starting a car business. Ok nothing big but bring a few cars in a month. Now my contact can get ANY car any as in German and anything that comes left hand and that too at a good price. The cars will be straight from the manufacturer or they will be second hand. So how many of you guys would be interested? If you are just send me an email of the specs of the car with your price range. And i aint talking about OLD BANGERS here am talking about new cars like 2006 2005 models and luxury cars like BMW Mercedes Bentleys Porche and so on. Let me know who might be interested.

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 21, 2006
You will not get warranty for cars that aren't GCC spec. That will be one major hurdle.

I brought a few cars from the US and sold them here but was unable to get warranty on them. Unless ou change and make it GCC specs. Anyways, I sold my cars and you can make a profit. But in any business, just make sure your customer service is great. You can surely succeed.

If you want a partner in getting cars, we can talk too. PM me if you want or are interested.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
yeh ur rite warranty will be a big issue. but there are ppl who dont have that much budget and would always dream of getting their DREAM car and maybe i could help them out. but anyways thanks for ur offer and who knows one day i might take ur offer.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 21, 2006
A big issue here is the change to GCC Spec. Cars being imported are not changed for the climate conditions in the GCC.

You are asking people to pay a lot of money for their "dream car" and come summer ...........................................................

Good luck with it. :D
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 21, 2006
yorky500 wrote:A big issue here is the change to GCC Spec. Cars being imported are not changed for the climate conditions in the GCC.

You are asking people to pay a lot of money for their "dream car" and come summer ...........................................................

Good luck with it. :D

Thats right. I forgot about that. The A/C in GCC Spec cars is different to Anywhere else. They are tested to withstand Arabian days and nights.

The vehicles I brought and sold from the states was only because of special requests :)

You could take special order requests for US models from people and use that angle to serve people interested in such cars only. But make sure they are aware of the warranty and non-GCC specs.

Also, you may wanna check to see how many cars you can import into UAE. I don't know about that rule but for example in Oman, a local and expat can import only one car a year. That rule may not apply to UAE but you may wanna check on that.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 21, 2006
I don't believe there is a difference between American and GCC specs, considering American cars are built for Arizona too. One only has to look out for "American" cars built in Europe, like the Austrian-built Chryslers and Jeeps.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto