Advice On Part Time Company. HELP!!!

Topic locked
Advice on part time company. HELP!!! May 21, 2014
I'm looking to start a small company on the side of what I'm doing at the moment. I currently work full time in the UAE and I'm from the UK.

So I'm wanting to design and sell t-shirts to local shops. I have a company in China to manufacture the t-shirts and designs all ready to print.
I don't fully understand the business licensing here, do I need a license as this is a small (nothing company at the moment)? I guess the answer is a 'yes' the UAE never makes things easy.

Okay so can I register in the FreeZone despite selling product to my friends within the UAE?
I do have a local friend who is willing to be my sponsor although I don't like the idea of signing 51% of my business over to somebody else!

I'm not ploughing huge amounts of capital into this as it's just a fun thing to do on the side and to hopefully make the odd buck here and there. So will I need to register the business in the UK and have the FreeZone business as a subsidiary of that if I go that way?

I would ideally like some advice on this, whether it is possible to do? Also whether after all the licensing, leasing an office to get a license etc. it is really worth my while doing... ?

Suggestions please!

thesdh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk