Welcome to Dubai Forums, the funniest cyber community in UAE.
Dubai Expat Help | Dubai Chat | Dubai Romance | Dubai Auto | Rent flats in Dubai | Dubai High Tech | Dubai Guide | Mobile phones and accessories for sale in Dubai | Accommodation in Dubai | Jobs in Dubai | Available Professionals in Dubai | Learn Arabic | Philosophy Forum

Dubai Expat Forum - Dubai General Chat

Bad bad Egyptians


Post reply

qdabdul
Worker accused of groping woman while swimming http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_and_The_Courts/10355330.html Man loses both legs in accident http://www.gulfnews.com/Nation/General/10355028.html



Bora Bora
Do you have a point here?? The second story is tragic, but do you think that the Egyptian got up that morning and said to himself: hey, I think I'll lose control of my car, crash into someone, and do some major damage. On the first matter, and this is only a thought: why are Phillipino girls the target for this behavior?? Way too many stories about them being subject to such behavior. I also think many Philippino girls who have been victimized by this behavior have remained silent and didn't report it. So good for her for speaking out. He would probably think twice before doing, what is alleged, the same to an arab woman or a white westerner.
FTD
The Phillipino PA at work say she and her friends have been 'touched' countless times on the beach that they just don't bother going now. A few times they've tried shouting out, shouting for the police but to no avail. I guess they are seen as the easiest/weakest target, hope this case changes things. From my own experiences if Dubai beach was in Europe there would be a lot of men, deservingly, nursing black eyes and sore jaws.
qdabdul
  • Bora Bora wrote:

    The second story is tragic, but do you think that the Egyptian got up that morning and said to himself: hey, I think I'll lose control of my car, crash into someone, and do some major damage.

Oi, never been almost run down by the mad egyptian driving on the wrong side of the road in your parking lot? I have. and maaaaannnnnyy others have too. seems to be their national past time - apart from pinching girl's bottoms
Bora Bora
  • qdabdul wrote:
    • Bora Bora wrote:

      The second story is tragic, but do you think that the Egyptian got up that morning and said to himself: hey, I think I'll lose control of my car, crash into someone, and do some major damage.

    Oi, never been almost run down by the mad egyptian driving on the wrong side of the road in your parking lot? I have. and maaaaannnnnyy others have too. seems to be their national past time - apart from pinching girl's bottoms

OK, I can see that you get out alot.
Misery Called Life
Not to stereotype but here goes, It was early morning probably 1am or 2am, I entered the lift, pressed 5, then a Filipina enterd pressed 10 and just as the doors were closing an Egyptial enters and presses 14. As the lift stops on my floor, I got out, and to my surprise the Filipina did too. As I was leaving for my flat I looked back and we smiled. She had summoned another lift. And I am in total agreement with QAbdul about these people making the internal roads dangerous. Just Crazy! You know kids walk on those roads, women are virtually catwalking and these nutters are speeding.....Just hope nothing averse takes place.
Bora Bora
Is there some kind of "tell" sign about Egyptians? Do they have a tat on their forehead or a sign around their neck?
shoutingwind
Most of my colleagues are Egyptians but I haven't been wronged in any way, so far. But they do have temper! :D
qdabdul
  • Bora Bora wrote:
    Is there some kind of "tell" sign about Egyptians? Do they have a tat on their forehead or a sign around their neck?

heard the song - walk like an egyptian ;-)
there's a new one being released by the bangles - drive like an egyptian.
and another one after that - pinch like an egyptian
and what's tickling you that you you've taken up their cause? some big donation to your camp? enjoyyyyy
melika969
donno so much abt egyptians, but makings assumptions and stereotypes like this is not wise! every nationalities have their good and bad attitudes!



Misery Called Life
  • Bora Bora wrote:
    Is there some kind of "tell" sign about Egyptians? Do they have a tat on their forehead or a sign around their neck?

Well I knew he was Egyptian, and she assumed he was...
And yes there is a tell sign, you can make out, not all, but some definately.
People need to understand that many Egyptians lead very hard lives. Like Pakistanis, Palestinians etc
There is no room for error, they need their jobs, they need their lifestyles and their government will not give it to them even though it's their right. Sad but true.
That's why I believe Egyptians are a hardened lot, a quality the rest of us don't like.
Now every community has their trouble makers no doubt, and Egyptians are no exception.
One of the most common complaints people hear about Egyptians is that they are arrogant. That I admit they do come of as.
Apart from bad drivers, and a neighbour who refuses to smile, personally my experiences with them have been more than cordial.
Bora Bora
I think it's quite a talent when you can tell what a person's nationality is just by looking at them. Having said that, there are certain nationalities that are very distinctive. If you put people in groups and can identify their nationality just by "looking" at them that's pretty good. Group People from: Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon People from: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maritius People from: the US, the UK, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa Just by "looking" at these people someone can identify their nationality? That's pretty good. I was at a party last week and there was a woman who was very fair skinned with brown hair and subtle blond highlights. "Looking" at her you would never know that she was from Pakistan, but I guess some people have that gift. As for arrogance - it doesn't discriminate, nor do bad tempers. Granted, some people are more arrogant than others.
zonker
Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...
abyssdesire
  • zonker wrote:
    Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...

Egyptians are awesome. It's the Canadian's I'm not too sure about. Especially the ones from British Columbia :)
zonker
  • abyssdesire wrote:
    • zonker wrote:
      Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...

    Egyptians are awesome. It's the Canadian's I'm not too sure about. Especially the ones from British Columbia :)

If that was a joke, I missed it....please explain so that I can have a good laugh too...like you..
abyssdesire
  • zonker wrote:
    • abyssdesire wrote:
      • zonker wrote:
        Some of the best human beings I have known turned out to be Egyptians...so I never stereotype people...

      Egyptians are awesome. It's the Canadian's I'm not too sure about. Especially the ones from British Columbia :)

    If that was a joke, I missed it....please explain so that I can have a good laugh too...like you..

Yes of course.
zonker
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Joined: 07 May 2007
Posts: 123
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
It was just a poke. No offence meant.
zonker
^^...I have wandered quite far from Dubai; left in 2004 voluntarily, didnt know at the time if it was the right thing to do; miss the easy life occasionally; found DF by chance in 2007 (I think), and am just frequenting the site since; keeping my finger on the pulse so to speak. I think things have changed quite a bit since 2004. Thats my story.
desertdudeshj
  • Bora Bora wrote:
    I think it's quite a talent when you can tell what a person's nationality is just by looking at them. Having said that, there are certain nationalities that are very distinctive.
    If you put people in groups and can identify their nationality just by "looking" at them that's pretty good.
    Group
    People from: Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon
    People from: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maritius
    People from: the US, the UK, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa
    Just by "looking" at these people someone can identify their nationality? That's pretty good.
    I was at a party last week and there was a woman who was very fair skinned with brown hair and subtle blond highlights. "Looking" at her you would never know that she was from Pakistan, but I guess some people have that gift.
    As for arrogance - it doesn't discriminate, nor do bad tempers. Granted, some people are more arrogant than others.

To you white folk us brown folks might look all the same ! LOL :D
No but majprity of the times you can tell unless its a blonde blue eyed indian ! ( yes I know a pakistani like that too ! both born and brought up in their own countries and not from mixed backgrounds ! )
Bora Bora
  • desertdudeshj wrote:
    • Bora Bora wrote:
      I think it's quite a talent when you can tell what a person's nationality is just by looking at them. Having said that, there are certain nationalities that are very distinctive.
      If you put people in groups and can identify their nationality just by "looking" at them that's pretty good.
      Group
      People from: Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon
      People from: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maritius
      People from: the US, the UK, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa
      Just by "looking" at these people someone can identify their nationality? That's pretty good.
      I was at a party last week and there was a woman who was very fair skinned with brown hair and subtle blond highlights. "Looking" at her you would never know that she was from Pakistan, but I guess some people have that gift.
      As for arrogance - it doesn't discriminate, nor do bad tempers. Granted, some people are more arrogant than others.

    To you white folk us brown folks might look all the same ! LOL :D
    No but majprity of the times you can tell unless its a blonde blue eyed indian ! ( yes I know a pakistani like that too ! both born and brought up in their own countries and not from mixed backgrounds ! )

DDS, I hope you didn't take my post wrong. I was addressing people who are able to "identify" someone's nationality, just by looking at them! For me personally, with the examples I noted in my post, I truly cannot tell nationalities of Arabs just by looking at them, and I can't tell by "looking" at someone if they are Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan or from Mauritis, who I may add, have a similar "look" to those I just mentioned. Anyway, who cares??? My friends are a mixture of nationalities, and I personally wouldn't have it any other way.



sage & onion
Have you read my signature? for me it says it all.
Bora Bora
Another way to put it: we all bleed the same.
gavtek
Best not to believe everything you read in Gulf News.




Dubai Forum | Paris Forum | IT Forum | Vegan Forum | Brisbane Forum | 3D Forum | Classified Jobs in Dubai | Listings of Jobs in London | London classified ads | Europe Forum | Vegan News Portal
PhpBB2 seo Archive script by RedHo.com | © 2009 Dubai Forums | Privacy policy